Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Radnor Hunt Concours d'Elegance

 Metal and wood combine to form one of my favorite pieces of functional art in the form of fine shotguns
 But in the realm of automobiles, form and function and wood and metal also provide a confluence pleasing to the eye and our practical nature
 This 1950 Rolls Royce was featured at the 18th Annual Radnor Hunt Concours d'elegance. I was rendered speechless by the beauty of this fine auto. I was equally impressed with the content of the trunk which included a custom picnic rig.
 What was really unique,indeed something I have never seen in one of these vehicles...was the mobile custom bar designed into the space where the rumble seat would otherwise be found.
My wife and I had a great afternoon wandering the grounds of Radnor Hunt Club and marveling at the restored vehicles of all eras and classes. More to follow.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Nothing like fine automobiles like this one. And I agree. The built-in bar is a cool touch.

Best Regards,

Heinz-Ulrich von B.

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for sharing this excellent post with us filled with these great photos. The Rolls Royce with the custom picnic rig is so cool and such a great idea that they came up with. Have a great day and keep up the posts.
Greg Prosmushkin